Monday, November 19, 2007

Heather Smith Jones



I flipped out when I saw this print by Heather . A couple of years ago I started surrounding myself with white. I started with my bedroom, then the two bathrooms, then the TV and slowly I am consuming myself with white. It happened after my divorce. I think of it as a cleansing and purification, but to be honest I have always loved white walls, white sheets, white curtains....I will leave the color for the second home I acquire in Belize. -wink

2 comments:

heather smith jones said...

Oh wow, thank you Lylou for the mention! How nice of you. I too like white :)
I make these pieces with a needle, piercing the paper one hole at a time, a method I've been doing since 2000. I call it "pinhole".
Thank you!

scaredy-cat said...

That's really beautiful.

About white walls - I was just thinking the other day how growing up surrounded with white (or at least some shade of it) walls makes me find so many American homes I see in blogs fresh and new, because the walls can be something other than white. Though I do see the beauty in white too - I'll have a real problem deciding which way to go with walls when it comes to decorating my own home some day! :)

I think this is the perfect time to start drinking glög - it brings something warm and special to an ordinary day. :)