Monday, November 19, 2007

Grandpa and Grandma's wood pile

Georgia is in such a terrible draught that even the Universities are restricted from watering their historical gardens. It has been so warm and so dry that the wood shack hasn’t even been touched. The say that if Atlanta doesn’t get rain in the next 30 days there will be NONE left for them to use. Fortunately, Athens is using another lake at this point and rumor has it that this ‘blue’ little town is doing very well at conservation. Even the Bulldawg fans that attended the home game this weekend restricted their flushing to every six uses, when doable…but what is a draught in Georgia when things like this are happening around the world.

Weather today: Sunny, warm a high of 72. (normal late November: Sunny to partly cloud, chance of an afternoon rain, high 40)

On a personal note, I am so unhappy at my day job that I almost cry when I have to come in to work. I have applied for a couple of other positions in the district, but haven’t heard from them. I think at this point most of the departments are waiting until after the first of the year to interview. I have even thought about looking outside the district for work, but the benefits are so nice that it would be hard to replace them and the job security is so great here that if things didn’t (which they won’t) work out with Lylou Design I have a good thing going here.

I can’t wait for 3pm this Wednesday! We have early release from work, due to the Thanksgiving Holiday and I am going straight to Lowes to pick up primer and paint for the ½ bath I have been renovating and getting cracking on wrapping things up in there. Who knows, I might even buy the toilet for it that day.


Grandma's little white devil, Savannah

1 comment:

Bibbi said...

Being locked up in a job you dislike is really frustrating, hope you get another really soon + have major break for bags, wish you luck. I'll try to find out about Farenheit numbers, how cold/warm it is, there must be a converter somewhere on the web. All these signs the weather brings us, there is something wrong, hope the rain comes soon.