Thursday, November 29, 2007



Today is the first day of the holiday season. I am taking off an evening at the gym and work and going to my first holiday function. It is a trunk show for Cristen Guest, a wonderful jeweler in Athens that I met a few weeks ago. I find myself drawn to her wonderful earrings. That could be because I am a total earring SLUT!

My next invitation came from Michael for his annual holiday party (Dec 22). I never miss it! He has been hosting this gather for as long as I have known him, which is close to 20 years. It is an ornament party, which means you have the option to bring an ornament of any kind for the tree. Last year Lyndon House contacted him about putting up a huge tree in the Gallery filled with all of the ornaments he had collected throughout the years. When Michael started pulling out box after box from the attic he realized that there was NO WAY any tree (well, maybe the Rockefeller Center tree) could hold the 30 year collection, so he just pulled out a thousand of his favorites. There was everything from Bavarian blown glass to red Georgia clay starts. It was magnificant. Needless to say, I will just be taking a bottle of wine...like I do every year. -grin

Amstel Light - by Michael Lachowski

No comments: