Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I know most of you have seen the ceramics that are going to follow the next few days, but hang in there b/c I just want to share some of my collection with my favorite Swedish potter, Bibbi

This working clock has a glass dome that covers it. it was too challenging for me to photograph this morning, due to my rush to get to work.
Rosemary has always had a fascination for dolls and enjoys rummaging through salvage yards to find just the right piece to adorn their bodies…offend creating angelic images.

by Rosemary Mendicino

Nativity

My orchard was destroyed by fire
The only safety was in the church spire
I climb the stairs leading to protection
When in the flames I saw my reflection

Alone in the night I pray for my soul
All of the stress had taken its toll
I clung to the memory of my first breath
Realizing the damage and what it had left

A river of tears stretched over my cheek
As I saw in the distance a cool running creek
My feet began to dissolve in the air
When I caught the scent of my burning hair

Inside I cried over the loss of hope
Recalling a time I was able to cope
I was not leaving anyone behind
This seemed like such an awesome crime

1 comment:

Bibbi said...

And I'm happy you took your time to show me, it is lovely, like someone old and someone new at the same time, thanks!