Monday, January 28, 2008

small gift boxes

I had a remarkable 4 days. Brian drove up on
Wednesday night and picked me up from work. We spent the evening around the house, after a nice dinner out and hit the sack early. Thursday was my grand opening, which wasn't so grand, but all the same nice to have. I realize now that I should have sent out a press release on it...live and learn. I can send one out now.

Friday I was still feeling a little down from the opening, but pulled myself together to work for the entire day. Brian dropped by earlier in the afternoon with a soda for me. It is always a big lift to see his face around the shop. It will be wonderful to have him here full-time. He will be doing his externship with Hugh at 5 and 10, which is 3 doors down from the boutique.

Saturday we spent the day at Brian's nephew's 3rd birthday party and then returned home to watch a coulpe of movies (only after sharing a plate of oysters on the 1/2 shell and a glass of wine).

Yesterday and today I have spent working around the house and TRYING my hardest to come up with a cute clutch, but it is a lot harder then I thought it would be. So every hour, or so I take a brake for paperwork and etsy updates. I must be going through a block, but I have decided to skip straight to the high end clutch and come back to the $50 one at a later date. I don't like to stand at the sewing machine when things are nolonger fun.

I have an interview for a full-time day job on Friday. I wish I wasn't hard up for work, but.....

No comments: