Monday, December 17, 2007

ceramic painting by Ruth Allen

Saturday was the Big City Bread Holiday Market and like every year it was the worst weather in months.... rainy and cold forcing everyone to vacate after only 4 hours...luckily for me and my mother we were able to make a few hundred dollars before closing shop (unlike last year where I didn't sell even ONE item). This being a good money day was the least of my joys that came from last Saturday. I had been looking forward to the sale for one very important reason and that was I was finally going to see Ruth Allen, a wonderful friend and person, and share with her my news of my unemployment. Ruth is one of the most enlightened people I have come across and she always has this uncanning ability to put you at ease within a few simple words. When I told her I was fired the first words out of her mouth were "THANK GOD!" I went on to ask her if she could put out some positive energy to help me find my way and she told me "It is already taken care of, you don't have to worry about a thing. This is the best thing to happen to you." That was all I need to hear and I needed to hear it from her (for some reason). Since that conversation I haven't been worried one bit, but rather began the journey of figuring out what new path I am going to take in life. I am now ready to take my next step forward with my handbags! Time to get moving.

No comments: