Monday, February 4, 2008

Saying good-bye to my old friend, Jake is the hardest thing I have been through since Gibbon. My sweet baby was involved in a head trauma on Sunday afternoon. I had the opportunity to cuddle with him and tell him how much I love him while on a 20-minute drive to the Animal ER Clinic in Watkinsville. After an hour in the waiting room the vet came out to speak with us. I had been preparing the last hour for the words to come out of my mouth.... I said them.... as they hung in the air I broke down in tears that haven't left my eyes since. I was there for my doll baby while his sweet and loving soul pass from this life into the Great Beyond. The image of him and his partner in crime, Gibbon, makes me smile and recall all of the wonderful times I spent with him and for a split second I feel happy...until I realize that I am never going to spend a half hour catching him up on the latest episode of CSI NYC over dinner, because he could never stay awake through the entire episode and it was very important for him to keep up with what is going on...or hear my Jakie snoring next to me in the sewing room, b/c I couldn't sew without him next to me. I love him so and he will be missed every moment of my day. He was the best dog I had ever met and the years we spent together were gold. The tears are rolling and sleep is impossible.



2 comments:

Bibbi said...

I'm so sorry your friend is gone!

Kristin L said...

My condolences. It's always hard to loose such a good friend. He'll live on in your heart though.