Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mom's donation



I have lots of fun plans for this weekend. Tomorrow Jayne and I are attending Blondes grand opening reception, which should be a great networking environment. I look forward to meeting new people and imagine it will be full of them considering Brandy, the owner, is a complete doll.

Saturday Brian and I are contemplating two different events we would enjoy. Henry Rollins (former singer of Black Flag) at the GA Theater or The Experimental Music Festival. I am It might just come to us doing both, b/c I can't pass up the opportunity to see Rollins. We are born on the same day (6 years apart) and he makes me laugh my ass off. The thing I enjoy the most about him is his ability to NOT take himself serious. That is an art in itself.

The grand finally is The Taste of Athens on Sunday. Mom and I donated and they awarded us with 4 tickets. This way we can take Janine. It has become a tradition with Janine and I to attend early, do our tasting, and then walk the silent auction line bidding and sipping wine. It is so much fun that we look forward to it for months in advance. The photo is mom’s donation. I would show mine, but it will have to wait, b/c it is similar to one I am gifting and I don’t want to ruin the surprise is they are reading.

One last thing, I have a second interview with Katie Ramsey on Wednesday for a part-time postition and I am very excite. Fingers crossed, we can work something out. I think it would be a very inspiring place to work.

No comments: