Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home Again


I was able to return to Athens for an enjoyable weekend with friends and family. Friday Brian and I met artist, Ruth Allen, for oysters and bubbly. Then over to the Dallings for great conversation and wine. After sharing a couple of bottles of my recent North Carolina finds, Raffildini and Laurel Gray, Brian and I went home to spend some quality time listening to Queen.


Saturday we had Lee up for a nice quiet dinner at home. We split a beautiful gamay while eating a top notch bolognese and other goodies Brian spent the day preparing. While Georgia fans were weathering the heavy rain, we were cuddled away on the sofa having boy talk.


Sunday, Brian and I took mom to Tiger Mountain Vineyards (photos to come). The weather was perfect, sunny and cool. It was the perfect road trip for a Sunday afternoon. We caught up with Dad later and had our standing (use to be standing) dinner with the parents.



Monday...well, Monday was full of reading and writing. Then dinner at Mark's, which was EXCELLENT! I have to admit that I sure do miss my close friends and family when I start reminiscing about them.

Spent the rest of the evening watching

No comments: