Thursday, September 11, 2008

HOLY WOW!



Monday I started WOW and it is life changing. I thought it would be a battle for me to quit smoking and drinking, but this boot camp doesn't stop at 6.45am...it is an everyday all day thing. They continually encourage us to eat and live well, while running our ass into the ground. -grin The entire thing makes me feel younger and happier. It is like PE class from jr. high, but at 41 years old...and my body isn't used to this much fun. Waking up at 4.30am isn't a challenge either. It is easy when you know you are on your way to a better heart.

Yesterday we were divided into groups of 7 to accomplish our workout. It was wonderful for me to work closely with 6 other women and get to know them and their abilities. They were encouraging and happy to have me on board. I feel more like the group after only 2 classes. It is so wonderful to have the support of other women around me and I look forward to the next 6 months of training.

You never know...I might be running the Peachtree next year.

No comments: