Saturday, July 17, 2010

Working In Wine Is Hard


Brian and I spent our week on Seneca Lake NY at a wine conference. We drove up, so that we could spend a couple of days in the city after meetings. The first day we were busy with tours of local wineries. The rest of the week was lectures and ceremonies. The week was full of vino rojo, blanco y rose. Needless to say, it was marvelous.


The two days in the city were interesting. The first night we spent with our close friend Jason and had a fabulous time. It made it worth the extra 5 hour drive. The next day we visited the MET and went to our favorite restaurant. By the next morning we were ready to leave. I guess we have had our fill of NYC over the years. Now that I am so heavily involved in wines I don’t really care to be any further than 1 hour away from a vineyard.


Because of our new direction in life we have already planned our trip next summer to SF for the Ring Cycle and a week in wine country. We are both very excited about it and having our close friend from Charlotte, Dan, join us for touring ads to the joy of experiencing wine. Life is good.

My next trip is somewhere without wine, but it is full of temples, which is my second love. I am taking my mother and my close friend Mark to the Yucatan for 2 weeks. It is going to be full of climbing, hiking and relaxing on the beach. A good break before hitting my third semester of school.


No comments: