Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Guest Room Before


Brian and I bought a second house in Elkin, NC. It is close to my school and only 10 minutes from Raffaldini, where I work. It is a little fixer-upper in the heart of wine alley and is our little slice of heaven (well, will be once we are finished renovating). We are 30 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, 5 hours from the beach, an hour from Charlotte and 30 minutes from Winston-Salem. We are surrounded by 33 wineries and vineyards...and the buen teimpo.

I am in my second year of school and truly happy. I have found my calling in wine and have decided to focus on wine making. I was able to work a judging with the HEAD of Enology from the University of Bordeau and have decided to work towards becoming a certified sommelier. It is going to be a long journey, but well worth the travel.

I have taken on my first class in Spanish and have my first test today. I think I am going to enjoy these classes, but they might not come as easy as the other classes. If I can keep up with at least a B-C in the class, I intend on taking at least 4 classes and possibly double majoring in Spanish Translation and Enology and Viti. Whew, it makes me tired just typing it.

Guest Room After

No comments: